The original "Commander in chief"-The white blood cell
1. Recognizes and destroys foreign invaders.
2. Produces both antibodies and killer cells.
3. They house receptors for adrenal/stress hormones.
4. The other name for white blood cells, immune system.
A weaken immune system has many faces. The one I want to talk about is "stress".
Your immune cells knows when you're scared, depressed, angry or happy. They know if you're in love or lonely. They can access what you're thinking. This information is traveled from the brain to the cells, tissue, organs and back to the brain. If it picks up stress along they way, stress is seen as detrimental.
How to protect your immune system?
1. Take inventory of your stress level.
2. Get 8-10 hours of "undisturbed" sleep.
3. Decrease your animal protein and consume more plant based protein.
4. Eliminate alcohol from your lifestyle.
5. Carve out 30 minutes of your day to pray/meditate.
For more information on how to protect your immune system. Contact Dr. Jenkins at 636-724-5605