Heart disease, cancer, diabetes, arthritis, and stroke. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) chronic diseases like these are among the most costly and preventable of all the health issues facing the United States today. Here are some other startling statistics from the CDC:
· 70% of American deaths each year are a result of chronic diseases.
· The most common cause of disability is related to arthritis. This has caused nearly 19 million Americans to have limited daily activity.
· The leading catalyst of blindness, lower-extremity amputation, and kidney failure among adults ages 20-74 is diabetes.
So if these chronic illnesses have been labeled as preventable, why aren’t they being prevented? This is due to misinformation and treatment of surface symptoms. In the previous article I discussed how the bombardment of toxins affects the immune system. A significant amount of research has gone into the implications of long-term toxin exposure and the risk of cancers and disease. The CDC and the Environmental Protection Agency state that more than 2.5 billion pounds of toxic chemicals are released into the environment annually in the U.S. Toxic substances present an unreasonable risk of injury and harm to the body and to the health of an exposed organism. When the body is overloaded with toxins you may feel fatigue, have chronic headaches, panic attacks, fertility problems, joint pain, memory loss, muscle pain and weakness. Other common conditions related to a toxic burden include Parkinson’s, fibromyalgia, and psoriasis.
In order to reduce the exposure of toxins in the body metabolic detoxification is necessary. To detoxify the body properly, macronutrients like quality protein and carbohydrates, along with specific micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) can provide targeted nutritional support. A program like this under the care of a naturopathic doctor can decrease your risk of developing chronic disease, minimize and eliminate current symptoms, and cleanse your body of harmful toxins through intervention therapies.
The Doctor’s Orders:
Daily Diet and Hydration Recommendation:
10%-20% - Fish and hormone-free chicken
70%-80% - Vegetables
20% - Fruit
80-100 ounces of water daily
7 Beneficial Foods and Nutrients:
1. Almonds, millet, buckwheat, and brown rice- Reduce risks of heart disease.
2. Beans- Aid in kidney health.
3. Prunes- Promote productive bowels.
4. Garlic, onion, ginger, and leeks- Assist with digestion.
5. 2 tsp. of flaxseed- Carries estrogen and antioxidant qualities.
6. 2 servings of protein powder twice daily- Stimulates brain health and is a good source of amino acids.
7. Artichokes- Encourage the flow of bile from the liver and are packed with dietary fiber.
Incorporate our UltraClear Renew Medical Food to your diet to reduce your toxic burden and increase your overall health.
Go to www.nathealthsol.com/products.html to order UltraClear Renew and complete a Detoxification Questionnaire to determine your level of exposure and risk.
Call us at 636-724-5605 to make an appointment to review your results. By the way, you don't have to live in the area to receive treatment. Just give me a call and I can create a customized plan for you!